POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mike's Drums (posted by Uncle Ken) : Mike's Drums (posted by Uncle Ken) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Mike's Drums (posted by Uncle Ken)
From: Ken
Date: 4 May 1999 01:21:23
Message: <372E74EC.D1F2B55A@pacbell.net>
Greetings,

  My nephew Mike Tyler has struck again. This is his first unassisted
image and a variation on the drums example scene that comes with the
Pov distribution files. The source for the face in the back he tells
me comes from a Grateful Dead poster image his dad has in his images
directory. It has been enhanced to Mike's specifications using various
Photo Shop plugins inside PSP 4.1.

 When Mike sent this image to me he simply stated that this raytracing
stuff is "Way cool" and has more ideas he is working on. He thinks
there are way to many options and is having trouble learning everything
at once.

 I think I am having the same problems Mike.

 Let me be the first to comment. This kid is knocking my socks off.
If anything the perseption from that of an 8 (and a half) year old
brought to this medium is both refreshing and unexpected. I think
I'm going to have to kill him before it's too late. Sorry Mike it's
not your fault : )

 Any comments on his image will be forwarded to him as I did with
the comments to his last posted image. He is not yet allowed on the
internet so he is unable to visit here. Be assured I will let him
see your comments and will also reply with any comments he makes in
return.

--
Uncle Ken

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net